Letters to Singapore: Speculations of Agrarian Urbanisms
Enthusiasm for agriculture - food production has grown in and around cities, while we have seen Singapore’s scene blossom in the last decade alone. As we work hard towards a better food future, it is always good to take a step back and reassess where we are at.
While much has been written and built with food as a key tenet of culture in mind, how might we consider the profound implications for the city itself? Perhaps we may draw from the possibilities that present itself with agrarian urbanism:
How might we rethink ecological design and practices within cities, thereby questioning our assumptions - unsustainable agri trends, numbers driven indicators.
How might we move forward, and build resilient, pluri- worlds for human and our non human allies alike?
We would like to use the opportunity to celebrate the farmers that have come before us, with that spirit work towards positioning our home grown produce as superior to those imported.
This panel invites practitioners and urban farmers, seeking to convene dialogue and bold imaginations with regards to how we ought to feed our cities, redefining and stretching notions of what it means to be a farmer in the city: as land stewards, community leaders, as designers of ecological principles.
Co- curated by Bjorn Low and Michelle Lai
Live Streaming from Edible Garden City
Mr. Bjorn Low, Edible Garden City
Ms. Michelle Lai, Foodscape Collective
Important to Note:
- We may provide your contact information to Event Partners / Sponsors for any sessions or activities you have attended involving our Event Partner / Sponsors.
- The Forum join link and password will be sent via email 1 day before the session.
- The Forum join link and password will be sent via email latest 1 hour before the session for last-minute sign-ups.
- The Forum will be opened for registered participants to enter 30 minutes before the session.
- The Forum will be locked 10 minutes after the session begins.
- For purchase of more than one ticket, please provide the details of all participants. A Zoom link to access the registered session(s) will be shared with the respective participants. This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to each participant.
- During the sharing session, attendees other than the forum panel will be muted.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to leave them in the Q&A and we will try to address them at the end.
- During the Q&A session, attendees will be unmuted to allow for discussion.
- Do note that this session will be recorded.
This Forum is an initiative of Singapore Archifest 2020: www.archifest.sg
- Title was changed to "Letters to Singapore: Speculations of Agrarian Urbanisms". Orig#743140 2020-09-18 07:38:21